Five Must-Know Tricks When Buying Seattle Car Insurance
Liability insurance is a coverage that is very affordable and state minimum requirements are usually not enough insurance for most people. Insurance companies base their rates on many different factors, some of which are not under your control.
If you're comparing equivalent auto insurance quotes, you should get a good idea of which insurance company offers the lowest price.
Cheaper Seattle Rates are Available!
Washington car insurance rates change regularly, and the Seattle rates you paid last year might look quite cheap compared to this year. If you think you car won't get stolen in Seattle, think again. There are over 23,680 vehicle thefts each year in Washington.
Local Seattle insurance agents can give you quotes from many companies approved to sell insurance in Washington, and they also provide you with professional advice and guidance. Not every insurance company raises rates with every renewal. Some actually lower rates when they have favorable underwriting profits from the prior year.
Compare Seattle Car Insurance Rates
The internet makes it very easy to buy auto insurance online, and by comparing quotes from different Washington insurers you can make sure you're not paying too much. Comparing Washington car insurance prices online can take less that five minutes simply by clicking the big green Start button at the top of our site.
Keep in mind when getting a Seattle car insurance quote that the Washington state minimum liability limits are 25,000/50,000/10,000. You will want to buy more liability insurance than that however.
Even High Risk and SR22 Car Insurance Quotes!
Online car insurance rates for Seattle can be significantly different than what you may get from an agent, so it's important to get quotes from both to make a fair comparison.
If you can use the internet and read your policy declarations page, you can easily compare rates of other companies. Quoting and buying car insurance online has become much easier over the last few years.
State Farm, Farmers Insurance, Allstate and More!
Liability rates on average cost approximately $551 of your insurance premium, which when compared to the physical damage coverages of comprehensive and collision, is quite affordable. Out of the more than 4,407,200 people driving in Washington, many of those consumers have saved money on car insurance.
Tips for Saving Money on Washington Car Insurance
- Washington drivers can save significantly by purchasing their home (or renters) insurance and car insurance from the same company
- Teen drivers who have taken a drivers education class may qualify for a discount
- Before you buy a car, get an insurance quote so you have an idea what your annual cost for insurance will be
- Find the best rates on Seattle car insurance by comparing rates at least once a year, both with agents and online insurance companies
- Filing excessive claims will not only raise your rates, but may also force your policy to be cancelled by your insurance company
- Being married may qualify you for small savings
- Drivers who tend to get speeding tickets and other violations pay higher premiums
- If you get a speeding ticket, check to see if you can keep the ticket from your driving record by taking an approved Washington driving class
- Compare Seattle car insurance rates and see if you're spending too much on car insurance!
Each insurance company has their own set of rating criteria, so the rates from one insurer may be significantly different from another. Independent insurance agents are able to provide you with insurance quotes from multiple different carriers so if you are comparison shopping, make sure to include an independent agent in your list.
If you could save 40% or more on your car insurance, wouldn't that be time well spent? Click to start a quote!